Tuesday, September 13, 2011

101 — the number to ring for non-emergency calls to police

A national programme to make it easier to contact local police is being launched this month by Avon and Somerset and Wiltshire Police — and by Thames Valley Police before the end of the year. 

It replaces the existing 0845 numbers with 101which should be used for all non-emergencies such as:
  • reporting a crime
  • contacting local officers
  • getting crime prevention advice
  • making us aware of policing issues in your local area
  • making an appointment with a police officer
  • for any other non-emergency
Key Facts:
  • 101 will not replace 999, which will continue to be used for emergencies.
  • It will replace existing 0845 number, although there will be a period when both numbers will be available.
  • If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can textphone us on 18001 101

No comments:

Post a Comment