|AP Hebert Lock (46), Devizes|
Devizes Flight is partially closed until April 14th
BW have issued a notice saying that the Caen Hill Flight is open again. Well that is true - the Caen Hill flight of locks is open — but through navigation of the Devizes Flight is not possible because of the emergency stoppage to replace the failed wooden bottom gates on AP Herbert Lock (46) which is expected to be finished on 14th April.
Reading: County Lock (106)
The floating pontoon at the entrance to County Lock is in a very unsafe state — BW have taken steps to prevent its use. Do not attempt to use it.
Crofton Flight (lock 60)
One of the ground paddles is still out of action.
Great Bedwyn Church Lock (64)
One of the ground paddles is still out of action - as it has been for 3 years.
Still out of action because of contamination. The nearest water is at Great Bedwyn Wharf or below Wootton Rivers Lock (51)
Great Bedwyn Wharf
A contractor has left a wide beam dumb barge on the waterpoint/pump out at Great Bedwyn Wharf — BW are aware.
There are no reported problems with the BW pump outs on the canal.
A dumb barge moored on the water point/pump out by
Great Bedwyn bridge
Cards for BW pump-outs can be bought for £10 each from:
• Aldermaston Wharf Canal Centre
• Frouds Bridge Marina
• Bev & Geoff's Pitstop, Newbury
• The Dundas Arms Hotel, Kintbury
• Tutti Pole Tea Room, Hungerford
• Great Bedwyn Post Office
• The Waterfront, Pewsey Wharf
• The Canal Centre, Devizes Wharf
• The Caen Hill Café, Devizes
• Foxhanger Canal Holidays, Devizes
• The Boatyard, Trowbridge
• ABC Leisure Group, Trowbridge
• Sally Boats, Bradford On Avon
• The Bath and Dundas Canal Co., Somerset Coal Canal
• Bath Narrowboats
For contact details for these businesses go to: www.kacanaltimes.co.uk where they are listed under canal services.